We offer the Intermediate Level in Childcare and the Advanced Level in Early Years Apprenticeships offering employers flexibility to attract and develop new recruits as well as develop existing employees. The courses aim to provide apprentices with the skills, knowledge, experience and certification needed to become an integral part of your team. Our Childcare apprenticeship is suitable for those working in roles such as Childcare Assistants in playgroups, day nurseries, pre-school, primary schools and children’s centres.
Upon completion Apprentices will receive a nationally recognised qualification and in addition, certified training in Paediatric First Aid.
Not only do Apprenticeships offer people the chance to kick-start a fulfilling career, there are a wealth of benefits for businesses. Offering an apprenticeship to new or existing staff gives businesses the chance to play an active role in moulding their future workforce and creating the future skills that they need to help their businesses grow. Providing these opportunities builds strong employee loyalty as well as maintaining highly skilled staff.
• Level 2- Intermediate
• Level 3 – Advanced
A level 2 apprenticeship in Childcare lasts 12 months (15 months if term time only)
A level 3 apprenticeship in Early Years lasts 18 months (21 months if term time only
• Apprentices must attend college a day or half a day per week depending on their functional skills requirements.
• The qualifications are delivered through weekly classroom taught sessions (term time), assessment in the workplace and self-study.
An apprentice must be:
• employed for a minimum of 30 hours
• paid at least the minimum apprentice way, currently £3.70 per hour
• allowed 20% of their contracted hours to be used for Off-the-job Training
EMPLOYER INCENTIVE PAYMENT
If you employ a 16-18 year old you may be entitled to £1000 government incentive.