The Point is an innovative and collaborative venture led by Kidderminster College in partnership with local organisations such as Worcestershire County Council, aimed at ensuring more people in the Wyre Forest area can gain employment.
The Point offers a one-stop shop providing free advice and guidance to people seeking jobs and careers advice, so they can access the right route for them.
Job vacancies, apprenticeships and traineeships are also advertised at the Point and support is available on, applying for jobs, writing CVs and developing interview skills, as well as career planning and the importance of having a back-up plan.
When you visit the Point, you will get:
• Impartial advice and guidance on career options.
• Impartial advice and overview of Apprenticeships and Traineeships, how to register on the Apprenticeship website, how to search and apply and the application process.
• Hints and tips on applying for Apprenticeships.
• Guidance on the employer’s role in Apprenticeships and the shortlisting process.
• Overview of full time college courses, how to apply and what to expect during the application process.
Workshops at The Point
We regularly run friendly workshop sessions at the Point to support local people, within the Wyre Forest area, into employment, traineeships, apprenticeships or further training.
- IT Basics – 6 week programme to gain a certificate in basic IT skills and build confidence with using computers.
- Basic maths and English – 10 week workshop to improve your basic skills and gain a qualification
- Employability workshop – 6 week workshop providing individual support to help you gain confidence and skills for job search, including CV writing, completing job searches, job applications and use of Universal Job Match.
Everyone interested in attending the workshop will receive a one to one interview session before starting to explore career planning, self-assessment and discuss progression routes and long term/short term goal setting. This support will continue throughout the 6 weeks through one to one careers guidance.
Everyone who attends the programme will also have a mock interview with a local employer before they leave.