If you aged 19 or over and choose to study a course at Level 3 or 4, you may be entitled to apply for an Advanced Learning Loan, a national scheme to help with the costs of studying. You may also be eligible for a bursary.
The good news is that the loan is only repayable once you start earning over £21,000 per year and you are taking steps to invest in your future career earnings and development.
For more information you can:
- You can contact the National Careers Service on 0800 100 900 to help you make an informed decision.
- Contact Learner Services at Kidderminster College for more information or advice in person, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01562 512004.
You can apply for your Advanced Learner Loan on the www.gov.uk website, or contact Learner Services for support completing your application.
- Your loan application will not include a credit check
- Research shows that achieving a Full level 2 qualification (Diploma), including the vital GCSE English and maths subjects, adds £80,000 to a learner’s earnings over their lifetime.
- Research shows a further £60,000 could be added to your wage if you go on to achieve at least a Full Level 3 qualification (Advanced Diploma).